We provide a number of early detection health screenings that you can receive without a prescription from your doctor. These include ultrasounds and CT scans that can possibly detect disease well before a symptom appears. Many of the diseases include killers like cancer and heart disease.
CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
Chest CT Scan: $175.00
Chest includes evaluation of lungs, the mediastinum, including the blood vessels and any abnormal lymph nodes, the bones, the pleura, and the chest wall. This screening test is performed without contrast.
Abdomen CT Scan: $175.00
Abdomen includes evaluation of the liver, spleen, pancreas, adrenal glands, kidneys, gallbladder, stomach, bowel, bones, and any abnormal lymph nodes. This screening test is performed without contrast.
Pelvis CT Scan: $175.00
Pelvis includes evaluation for abnormal lymph nodes, bones and bowel, including the rectum, prostate and seminal vesicles in males, and uterus and ovaries in the females. This screening test is performed without contrast.
Body CT Scan: $495.00
Includes CT scan of the Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis (see descriptions above). This screening test is performed without contrast.
Heart CT Scan: $175.00
Using a electro cardiac gating technique. The evaluation of any calcifications in the coronary arteries. This screening test is performed without contrast.
Full Echocardiogram utilizing Ultrasound/Color/Doppler: $350.00
Evaluation wall motion, valves, blood clots, and fluid around the heart.
Carotid Ultrasound: $100.00
Evaluation plaque buildup and blood flow in the carotid arteries.
Abdominal Ultrasound: $100.00
Evaluation of the liver, kidneys, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, and AAA.
Bilateral Lower Extremities: $200.00
Evaluation of blood flow in the lower extremities. Full segments with ABI’s.
Benefits of Early Detection
Have you ever heard the Ben Franklin quote that states, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?” At Affordable Medical Imaging we believe this statement through and through because we have seen it save dozens of lives.
Do you know what the #1 killer of men and women is in the U.S.? Heart Disease
Do you know what the #2 killer of men and women is in the US? Cancer
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, with cancer being second.
- The plaque buildup leading to heart disease begins as early as adolescence.
- 54% of all deaths in the U.S., and 55% here in the Tampa Bay area, are caused by Heart Disease and Cancer.
- 1/3 of individuals suffering from a heart attack have no prior symptoms.
- Most preventative measures such as a stress test cannot identify buildup until it’s too late.
So what can you do?
- A screening CT from AMI which uses the highest technology available to detect heart disease and/or cancer.
- A screening CT can identify important risk factors and problems such as calcification of the arteries, and tumors located throughout the body.
- Early detection of these problems can lead to better treatment and a more successful outcome.
- Our full body scan scans your heart, lungs, abdomen, and pelvis in order to identify a variety of conditions including heart disease and various forms of cancer.
What we will see…
- A screening CT scan of the pelvis includes a check for abnormal lymph nodes, evaluation of the bones and bowel, including the rectum, prostate, and seminal vesicles in males, and uterus and ovaries in females.
- A screening CT of the abdomen includes evaluation of the liver, spleen, pancreas, adrenal glands, kidneys, gallbladder, stomach, bowel, bones, and evaluation for abnormal lymph nodes.
- A screening CT of the chest includes evaluation of the lungs, the mediastinum, including the blood vessels and any abnormal lymph nodes, the bones, the pleura, and the chest wall.
- A screening of the heart includes multiple sequential slices through the heart which indicate any calcification in the coronary arteries. This calcification is then calculated into a score.
What to Expect:
- Because this exam is self-referred, an appointment can be made without a doctor’s prescription.
- You will come to our offices and fill out paperwork as if you were at a new doctor’s office.
- You will then be directed to the couch of the scanner where you will be instructed to lay feet first. This painless scan will take approximately 90 seconds to be completed.
- Your results are read by a Board-Certified Radiologist. If a problem is found you are notified by telephone. If you do not have a physician, AMI can provide you with a number of physicians to choose from.
- If no abnormalities are found, results will be mailed to you, and your physician if you wish. You will receive a printed report of your results, along with a computer CD with all of your images.